Honey & Whey Bread from Rise n Shine Bakehouse
7g fresh yeast
300g strong white flour
25g softened butter
- Whisk together the yeast, whey & honey, stir in 150g flour to make a sponge. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, rub the butter into the remaining 150g flour, stir through the salt, pour the sponge/batter into the buttery flour.
- Mix, leave for 10 minutes, knead/fold gently within the bowl, leave for 10 minutes.
- Fold dough into a ball, place upside down in a floured proving basket, cover and rest for 1 hour as it rises. Preheat oven to 200c
- Baking on a hot baking stone at 200c for 15 minutes and turn down to 180c for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool on a rack before slicing.